You Care, We Care.
Almost a decade ago, we introduced our “You Care, We Care" voluntourism program as part of our Crystal Adventures Shore Excursion Programs. Through this program, we develop "volunteer" programs where guests and crew can get directly
involved in worthwhile causes in the destinations we visit; Crystal sets up all the arrangements, including transportation, and offers these opportunities for free to guests and crew sailing on most cruises. The program helps travelers give back,
while also bolstering cross-cultural understanding and local economies.
Whatever philanthropic activities speak to guests’ interests – whether its environmental and wildlife conservation or interacting with children and elderly
– Crystal is proud to offer opportunities for them to contribute.
Crystal guests and crew can contribute to communities around the world with the following “You Care. We Care.” voluntourism excursions including:
• Visiting the Toki Rapa Nui Music & Arts Center in Easter Island, Chile
• Assisting at the San Francisco Food Bank, Clatsop Community Action Food Bank in Astoria, Oregon and Mustard Seed Food Bank in Victoria, British Columbia;
• Playing games, reading, dancing and participating in an array of other supportive
activities with the elderly and children at the Granitos de Paz Foundation in Cartagena, Colombia;
• Helping feed the elderly at Mercy Kitchen in Belize;
Assisting with cleaning and caring for the animals at the Samui Animal Shelter
in Koh Samui, Thailand;
• Getting an up-close look at the wildlife at Territory Wildlife Park and also join the conservation team in maintaining the park’s botanical gardens;
• Participating in tree planting conservation
efforts to shelter the yellow-eyed penguins of Dunedin, New Zealand;Assisting with gardening and other household duties at Domus Christi Home for the Elderly in Dubrovnik, Croatia;
• Assisting with day care, meal preparation or recreational
activities with the children at Smile of a Child in Navplion, Greece;
• Helping prepare food and create ceramic artwork with the disabled with the Pio Monte della Misericordia in Sorrento, Italy;
• Learning about the conservation
of marine life and participate in the theoretical rescue of a dolphin at the Rehabilitation Center of Prat de Llobregat in Barcelona, Spain;
• Assisting with the work at the Gallinas & Focas home for the mentally challenged, tending
gardens and olive groves in Palma de Mallorca, Spain;
• Assisting with groundskeeping at the historic Mount Stewart House & Gardens in Belfast, U.K.;
• Planting trees at the Heidmork Natural Reserve in Reykjavik, Iceland;Visiting
the Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in St. Peter Port, U.K.