Crystal Endeavor and the MV Werften Shipyard Closure
UPDATED Monday, March 23, 2020 5pm EST
Crystal has been notified that MV WERFTEN, the shipyard group that is building Crystal Endeavor, has announced that it will temporarily pause operations at its Rostock, Stralsund and Wismar sites for approximately four weeks as a preventative measure to protect employees against COVID-19. We are assessing this situation and how it might impact Crystal Endeavor, and we will provide an update as soon as we can. Our guests can be assured that we will handle any adjustments with the care and consideration that they have come to expect from Crystal.
We thank our guests and travel partners for their understanding and patience. We look forward to introducing Crystal Endeavor to the world and embarking on expeditions of luxury and adventure.
Additional Cruises Cancelled: Crystal's Ocean, River and Yacht Sailings
UPDATED Thursday, March 19, 2020 7pm EST
Crystal continues to closely monitor the latest developments as the unprecedented situation concerning COVID-19 is rapidly evolving. Due to temporary closures of European ports, it is with regret that we have made the decision to cancel the following Crystal sailings:
• Crystal Serenity | April 21, 2020 | 12 nights | Rome to Monte Carlo
• Crystal Serenity | April 21, 2020 | 6 nights | Rome to Palma de Mallorca
• Crystal Serenity | April 21, 2020 | 19 nights | Rome to Venice
• Crystal Serenity | April 27, 2020 | 6 nights | Palma de Mallorca to Monte Carlo
• Crystal Serenity | May 3, 2020 | 7 nights | Monte Carlo to Venice
• Crystal Serenity | May 3, 2020 | 28 nights | Monte Carlo to Rome
• Crystal Symphony | May 8, 2020 | 16 nights | Dubai to Rome
• Crystal Symphony | May 8, 2020 | 10 nights | Dubai to Aqaba/Petra
• Crystal Symphony | May 8, 2020 | 42 nights | Dubai to London
• Crystal Symphony | May 18, 2020 | 6 nights | Aqaba/Petra to Rome
Crystal River Cruises:
• Crystal Bach | April 16, 2020 | 7 nights | Amsterdam Roundtrip
• Crystal Bach | April 23, 2020 | 7 nights | Amsterdam Roundtrip
• Crystal Debussy | April 17, 2020 | 7 nights | Amsterdam Roundtrip
• Crystal Debussy | April 24, 2020 | 7 nights | Amsterdam Roundtrip
• Crystal Mahler | April 18, 2020 | 7 nights | Budapest to Vilshofen
• Crystal Mahler | April 25, 2020 | 7 nights | Vilshofen to Budapest
• Crystal Ravel | April 17, 2020 | 7 nights | Budapest to Vilshofen
• Crystal Ravel | April 24, 2020 | 7 nights | Budapest to Vilshofen
Crystal Yacht Cruises:
• Crystal Esprit| April 19, 2020 | 7 nights | Limassol to Athens
• Crystal Esprit| April 26, 2020 | 7 nights | Athens Roundtrip
Guests on these cancelled sailings will have two options to consider:
• A 100% refund of cruise fare, port charges, taxes, and fees paid, and any air and hotel packages booked through Crystal.
• A Future Cruise Credit* equal to 125% of their cruise fare paid – valid on any Crystal experience (Ocean, River, Yacht or Expedition) embarking through December 31, 2022 - along with a refund of port charges, taxes, and fees, and air and hotel packages booked through Crystal.
If guests are unable to redeem the future cruise credit by December 31, 2022, they may request a refund of the original cruise fare paid.
We will be applying the Future Cruise Credit to the guest profile. However, if a guest prefers the refund option, we kindly ask that they let us know by the start of their original embark date by emailing us at Resolutions@crystalcruises.com.
We will be communicating these changes to our booked guests and their travel advisors directly. On behalf of everyone at Crystal, we thank our guests for their understanding and patience as we navigate this ever-changing situation, and we look forward to welcoming them on a future voyage.
*Future Cruise Credit may be used with Crystal’s 2-for-1 Fares and Book Now Savings and will be provided as two separate coupons — one equivalent to 100% and the other equal to the additional 25%. Each coupon can be used on a single, non-fully paid, future booking or coupons can be combined on a single booking. The Future Cruise Credit is not available to incentive groups, not combinable with any other discount, it is non-transferable, non-refundable once applied, and cannot be used in lieu of the deposit requirement on your new booking.
Processing and Issuance of Refunds
UPDATED Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6pm EST
Crystal continues to diligently work to serve our guests for travel changes as a result of the evolving COVID-19 situation. With many affected sailings, we ask our guests for their patience as we work through the logistics of the changes to our voyages, including pending itinerary changes and the issuing of refunds. Refunds are manually processed by the Crystal team and given the high volume of cancelled sailings it may take up to 90 days from the day of cancellation for them to be issued to guests.
We thank you for reading this important information, and for your continued understanding.