Crystal Clean+® 2.0
July 22, 2020
New measures introduced on Crystal Serenity & Crystal Symphony.
Crystal understands that relationships are built on trust. With your continued trust in mind, we have applied our exacting attention to detail across all of our new safety measures. So while our touch may remain (intentionally) unseen, we deliver nothing less than total transparency in all matters regarding your health and wellness.
With more than 30 years of cruising to the far reaches of the world, Crystal has a long tradition of implementing and maintaining exceptional standards for health and safety at sea. To further protect our Crystal Family we’re introducing Crystal Clean+, a stringent set of health and safety protocols and measures to meet the unique challenges posed by Covid-19. The company is tackling these challenges with science and innovation, and in accordance with the latest data and recommendations by health experts.
Return to Crystal 2.0
The protocols introduced here are the initial measures in Crystal Clean+. Every protocol will be continually evaluated and will be updated as new information becomes available. Crystal will be in full compliance with the standards established by Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and global health measures when we sail. Additional measures will be implemented and communicated accordingly as they are eventually announced.
Embarkation & DisembarkationVigilance Aboard & Ashore
Every single guest will have their temperature checked both prior to boarding ship or venturing ashore. We will disinfect all luggage offshore prior to boarding. We always comply with all local health authority regulations for safe pre-boarding and disembarkation screening.
- All guests will undergo temperature checks before entering terminal
- Guests will complete a second health questionnaire at the terminal
- A second temperature check will be done prior to embarkation via contact-free fever screening systems
- Guests who show signs of illness will be seen by the medical staff and may be denied boarding
- Luggage will be disinfected before it is brought aboard
- Additional measures and precautions may be required depending on ports of embarkation/disembarkation
Capacity Control & Social DistancingIn Space We Trust
The Crystal experience affords each guest an abundance of personal space that is unrivalled in cruising. But Crystal Clean+ goes even further by mandating even fewer guests per square foot.
- Crystal ships are designed to offer nearly double the space per guest of similar-sized ships
- Reduced capacity when ships resume service
- Reduced capacity in restaurants, entertainment, fitness center, pool deck, casino, retail spaces, bars and lounges
- Social distancing of at least six feet of those outside of one's travel party will be required
- Reduced capacity in elevators
Guest AccommodationsPurified To Perfection
Every suite and stateroom including all bathrooms, closets, and cabinets undergoes frequent disinfection with products that are listed on the EPA List N and meet the criteria for use against COVID-19. These efforts are supplemented by electrostatic fogging with medical-grade anti-viral and anti-microbial oxidants.
- Prior to guest arrival, staterooms and suites will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with medical-grade oxidative chemical agents
- Products used are listed on the EPA List N and meet the criteria for use against COVID-19, norovirus and other infectious diseases
- Frequent broad-spectrum anti-microbial disinfection of all spaces will be applied, including in bathrooms and closets
- Electrostatic foggers will be used as an additional tool for disinfection
- Guest corridors will be disinfected regularly
- Timely removal of food items from suites and staterooms to prevent spoilage and cultivation of microorganisms and bacteria
- Timely housekeeping turnover; bedsheets and linens professionally cleaned and disinfected at high temperatures
- Injection of diluted cleaning solution into drains to avoid clogged pipes and to prevent bacterial growth
- Reduction of paper products in suites and staterooms
Fresh-Air Ventilation SystemsFresh-Air
Crystal's ocean fleet features 100% fresh, non-recirculated air in every single guest suite, stateroom and social space. A cluster of guest staterooms and an adjacent corridor are set aside for isolation in the event of illness with a separate ventilation system.
- All air filters and cooling coils are frequently checked and maintained to ensure the highest standard of air quality possible
- A cluster of guest staterooms and an adjacent corridor are set aside for isolation in the event of illness; the ventilation of these staterooms has been arranged so there is no ventilation connection between the staterooms and/or the corridor; separate ducting leads the air directly to an appropriate exhaust duct
Masks & Face CoveringsResponsive Mask Policy
To best safeguard the health of the entire Crystal family, we will keep our mask policy nimble. We will constantly be reassessing mask policies in light of evolving best practices recommended by epidemiologists as well as compliance with the policies of local governments.
- Crystal will provide masks to guests and crew
- Masks will be required in venues and instances where proper distancing is not possible, including show lounges, casino, fitness center, elevators, ship tenders, shoreside terminals and tour dispatch areas
- Crystal will comply with all local health authorities, which may require masks ashore
Crewmember Standards & PracticesRegular Health Monitoring
Under Crystal Clean+ our officers and crew are temperature-tested frequently, tested for COVID-19 before boarding and monitored for even the most minor symptoms. Crystal Clean+ will ensure that our crew members remain healthy and at their best to deliver the very best experiences for our guests.
- Crew to be tested for COVID-19 prior to boarding
- Crew will undergo frequent temperature checks and regular health monitoring
- When interacting with guests, crew may wear face shields, masks and any necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Designated crew may also wear protective garments and eye protection, if required
- Medical Center Isolation Area staff will be required to wear adequate personal protection (face mask, eye protection, disposable gloves and disposable outer garment)
- Crew to follow proper hand washing practices
- Crew transfer between ships will be minimized
- Crew are prohibited from personal contact with guests such as hand shaking, hugging or kissing
- Crew are trained on health and safety preventive measures
Food & BeverageContactless Dining
Crystal's peerless drinking and dining are still what they have always been—simply extraordinary. What will be different is the service, redesigned to preserve the elegance while minimizing person-to-person contact. We call this new experience "Contactless Dining."
- Open seating will continue with social distancing considerations
- Guest seating will ensure ample spacing
- Disposable cutlery will be provided, upon request
- Contact-free dining service will be implemented in all onboard venues
- Self-service options will be eliminated in the Marketplace, Bistro and other venues
- 24-hour room service is always an option
- Increased hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations will be required
- All restaurants, bars and galleys will be disinfected throughout the day
- Stringent procurement guidelines will be enforced
Shoreside Partners & ExcursionsAllies Ashore
Crystal partners with our allies ashore to make certain the Crystal Clean+ protocol protects you when you leave the ship to explore. We strongly caution guests who book independently of Crystal that some local operators will likely fall far short of the anti-viral and anti-microbial disinfection standards Crystal requires of our shoreside partners.
- Tour coaches and tenders will be disinfected to meet Crystal Clean+ standards
- Excursion group sizes will be reduced to help allow for proper social distancing
- Crystal will monitor port regulations and adjust requirements and schedules as needed to maintain guests' health and wellbeing
- Crystal strongly recommends that guests who choose to book tours independently consider that these operators may fall short of the disinfection standards that Crystal requires of their partners
- Additional health screenings many be required by local health officials before disembarkation in certain ports
- Crystal will only visit safe, open ports of call; this may cause changes to the itinerary. Keeping our guests up-to-date with the latest confirmed changes impacting their itineraries is a top priority
Medical CenterCare Everywhere
Each ship's state-of-the-art medical center has been further reinforced. Every Crystal ship in the fleet has a dedicated medical team aboard and available 24/7. Crystal is exploring partnerships with local medical authorities in every port to ensure quality medical facilities (and critical local networks and relationships) will be in place for guests requiring medical attention ashore. Ventilators and new virus testing equipment are now standard.
- The medical team comprises a doctor and three nurses aboard each ship, available around the clock
- Crystal's Medical Centers are well equipped with ventilators, new virus-testing equipment, X-Ray machines, extensive first aid tools and common prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing
- Isolated wards are available in the Medical Centers
- Contaminated items and medical waste will be properly sealed and disposed of according to health and safety guidelines
- Medical equipment and waste bins cleaned, disinfected and washed with medical-grade disinfectant
Public Health OfficerVessel Sanitation-trained
A certified Public Health Officer oversees implementation of the stringent Crystal Clean+ outbreak prevention and mitigation protocol. Working in lock sync with relevant health authorities, each Crystal ship’s PH Officer works to make sure daily cleanings are up to Crystal Clean+ standards and supports onboard medical teams.
- Trained in the CDC's and the other local health authority's Vessel Sanitation Programs
- Oversees outbreak mitigation and cleaning protocols
- Closely coordinates with medical teams
- Ensures that daily cleaning protocols are in accordance with CDC guidelines
Being worthy of your confidence is both our honor and our duty; we thank you for your highest compliment: your trust.
We cannot wait to sail forward together once more.
When you’re ready we’ll be here.