Crystal Clean+® 6.0
August 21, 2021
Updated measures introduced on Crystal Endeavor.
Crystal understands that relationships are built on trust. With your continued trust in mind, we have applied our exacting attention to detail across all of our new safety measures. So while our touch may remain (intentionally) unseen, we deliver nothing less than total transparency in all matters regarding your health and wellness.
With more than 30 years of cruising to the far reaches of the world, Crystal has a long tradition of implementing and maintaining exceptional standards for health and safety at sea. The Crystal Clean+ program evolves these standard to meet the unique challenges posed by COVID-19. We are tackling these challenges with science and innovation, and in accordance with the latest data and recommendations by health experts.
Return to Crystal 6.0
The protocols introduced here are the latest, updated measures in Crystal Clean+ - version 6.0. Every protocol will be continually evaluated and will be updated as new information becomes available. Crystal is committed to full compliance with all local and global applicable health and government authorities and, as such, will update Crystal Clean+ protocols as appropriate.
Guests 12 and over are required to be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days prior to cruise departure including those sailing out of Florida. Please review specific protocols for unvaccinated guests here.
Already a booked guest? Your Vacation Guide Is Here
In addition to our Crystal Clean+ health and safety information page online, we have also developed a dedicated Vacation Guide for select itineraries where health and safety guidelines and protocols, on board or ashore, may be more enhanced and/or specific as required by the destination's local policies. Please click the button below for the digital Vacation Guide for your upcoming Crystal Iceland expedition voyage.
Embarkation & DisembarkationVigilance Aboard & Ashore
Every single guest will have their temperature checked both prior to boarding ship or venturing ashore. We will disinfect all luggage offshore prior to boarding. We always comply with all local health authority regulations for safe pre-boarding and disembarkation screening.
- Guests will undergo a COVID-19 test the day of embarkation and must test negative prior to boarding the ship. There is no cost for the embarkation test for guests. Guests testing positive will not be able to board the ship and will be responsible for applicable costs related to denial of boarding. Therefore, guests are strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance from the provider of their choice prior to cruise departure.
- For Luxury Iceland Expedition voyages, the required pre-embarkation antigen testing will take place at the Grand Hotel Reykjavik. The venue will be open from 7am – 4pm; guests should plan on arriving there at least two hours prior to the cruise time listed on their cruise ticket. Upon check-in, they will receive a pre-embarkation, no-charge antigen test. Guests will also be required to fill out a health questionnaire and turn in their expedition activity waiver form (if they did not receive the waiver as a part of their cruise ticket, a form will be provided to them) in a waiting area provided for guests. Then, depending on their boarding time, they will be transferred to the ship once they receive negative antigen results
- Embarkation will not begin until all guest staterooms, suites and public areas have been disinfected.
- Crystal is developing plans to facilitate its guests to meet the antigen test requirement for air travel back to the U.S. Guests will be responsible for cost of the test, which may be reimbursable by insurance.
- For Luxury Iceland Expedition voyages: United States Customs requires a negative antigen test three days prior to entry back into the U.S. Certified members of the Crystal medical staff on board the ship will administer this test to guests prior to disembarkation. The $68 USD test fee will be added to each guest’s folio and the guest will be provided a certificate confirming a negative test result. Guests on back-to-back voyages will be required to take the antigen test twice — one time on each of the back-to-back voyages.
- Guests who are remaining in Iceland for an extended period of time after the end of the cruise to ensure that ship staff understands they will be remaining in Iceland are not required to take the antigen test on the ship. Please visit Covidtest.is to book your antigen test at a local lab if you intend to remain in Iceland for a period of time following your cruise.
- All guests will undergo temperature checks before boarding the ships.
- Guests will complete a health questionnaire at embarkation
- Guests who show signs of illness will be seen by the medical staff and may be denied boarding
- Luggage will be disinfected before it is brought aboard
- Booked guests will not be able to bring visitors aboard the ship.
- Additional measures and precautions may be required depending on ports of embarkation/disembarkation.
Capacity Control & Social DistancingIn Space We Trust
The Crystal experience affords each guest an abundance of personal space that is unrivalled in cruising. Crystal Endeavor is designed to offer nearly double the space per guest of similar-sized ships. But Crystal Clean+ goes even further by mandating even fewer guests per square foot.
- We will not impose extreme or mandatory social distancing, and guests may dine and join others as they wish.
For Guests sailing on the October 25, 2021 cruise embarking in Miami, Florida: Unvaccinated guests will be required to follow stringent social distancing protocols. When accompanying unvaccinated children, who are 11 years and younger, from their staterooms/suites to explore other areas of the ship, all vaccinated guests (parent and/or legal guardian) will be required to adhere to Unvaccinated Guest Protocols.
- We will space guests considerately in lounges, restaurants and casino
- Lifeboat drill procedures will be changed to accommodate social distancing
- Reduced capacity when the ship is in service
Guest AccommodationsPurified To Perfection
Every suite including all bathrooms, closets, and cabinets undergoes frequent disinfection with products that are listed on the EPA List N and meet the criteria for use against COVID-19. These efforts are supplemented by electrostatic fogging with medical-grade disinfectants.
- Housekeeping staff will not disinfect (including fogging) or regularly clean guest accommodations while guests are present
- Prior to guest arrival, suites will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with medical-grade oxidative chemical agents
- Products used are listed on the EPA List N and meet the criteria for use against COVID-19, norovirus and other infectious diseases
- Frequent disinfection of all guest accommodations utilizing medical-grade disinfectants
- Electrostatic foggers will be used as an additional tool for disinfection
- Guest corridors will be disinfected regularly
- Timely removal of food items from suites to prevent spoilage and cultivation of microorganisms and bacteria
- Timely housekeeping turnover; bedsheets and linens professionally cleaned and disinfected at high temperatures
- Injection of diluted cleaning solution into drains to avoid clogged pipes and to prevent bacterial growth
- Reduction of paper products in suites
Fresh-Air Ventilation SystemsFresh-Air
Crystal Endeavor features 100% fresh, non-recirculated air in every single guest suite and social space.
- All air filters and cooling coils are frequently checked and maintained to ensure the highest standard of air quality possible
Masks & Face CoveringsResponsive Mask Policy
To best safeguard the health of the entire Crystal family, we will keep our mask policy nimble. We will constantly be reassessing mask policies in light of evolving best practices recommended by epidemiologists as well as compliance with the policies of local governments.
- Masks will be recommended but optional because of vaccine requirement for guests 12 years and older, 100 percent fresh air circulation in all public areas and suites, and the fact that our socially spacious designed ships are sailing with reduced guest capacity
- Areas where masks are optional include all staterooms and public areas including restaurants, casino, lounges, fitness center, solarium, pool deck, enrichment areas, front desk, spa, ship tenders
- Masks are required in shoreside terminal, hospitality suites, tour dispatch areas and during Crystal’s organized airport and hotel transfers as well as on shore excursions that are conducted inside
For Guests sailing on the October 25, 2021 cruise embarking in Miami, Florida: Unvaccinated guests (children 11 years and under) will be required to follow stringent mask and social distancing protocols including wearing a mask in all public areas (indoor and outdoor) except when eating and/or drinking. Please review specific protocols for unvaccinated guests here.
- Crystal and its guests will comply with all local health authority regulations, which may require masks ashore
- All crew will be vaccinated, however they will wear masks in all public areas until further notice
- Crystal will provide masks to guests
Crewmember Standards & PracticesRegular Health Monitoring
Under Crystal Clean+ our officers and crew are temperature-tested frequently, tested for COVID-19 and monitored for even the most minor symptoms. Crystal Clean+ will ensure that our crew members remain healthy and at their best to deliver the very best experiences for our guests.
- Crew members will be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine (both doses if recommended by manufacturer); this is a requirement of employment at least 14 days prior to service
- All crew will be tested for COVID-19 prior to leaving their home location to join the ship and must receive a negative result; they also will take a COVID-19 test at embarkation, quarantine for three days upon arrival, and take a test at the end of that three-day period and receive a negative result, before beginning their duties.
- Crew will be tested periodically during their rotations
- Crew to undergo frequent temperature checks and regular health monitoring
- Crew to wear masks and other necessary PPE when interacting with guests.
- Designated crew may also wear protective garments and eye protection, if required
- Medical Center Isolation Area staff will be required to wear adequate personal protection (face mask, eye protection, disposable gloves and disposable outer garment)
- Crew to follow proper hand washing practices
- Crew are prohibited from personal contact with guests such as hand shaking, hugging or kissing
- Crew are trained on health and safety preventive measures
- Crew transfer between ships will be minimized
Food & BeverageContactless Dining
Crystal's peerless drinking and dining are still what they have always been—simply extraordinary. What will be different is the service, redesigned to preserve the elegance while minimizing person-to-person contact. We call this new experience "Contactless Dining."
- Guests will undergo touchless temperature checks prior to entering highly frequented public areas such as restaurants, lounges and entertainment venues
- Open seating will continue with social distancing considerations
For Guests sailing on the October 25, 2021 cruise embarking in Miami, Florida: Certain public rooms aboard Crystal Endeavor will not be available to unvaccinated guests including Umi Uma, Prego, Vintage Room, Solarium/Pool/Marketplace, Jaccuzi, Connoisseur Club, Crystal Life Spa and Crystal Life Fitness, etc. Unvaccinated guests will dine in an assigned (socially distanced) dining area and will be allowed in bars and show lounges on a space available basis. Please review specific protocols for unvaccinated guests here.
- Guest seating will ensure ample spacing
- Disposable cutlery will be provided, upon request
- Contact-free dining service will be implemented in all onboard venues
- Self-service options will be eliminated in the Marketplace, Bistro, The Pantry and other venues
- 24-hour room service is always an option
- Increased hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations will be required
- All restaurants, bars and galleys will be disinfected throughout the day
- Stringent procurement guidelines will be enforced
Shoreside Partners & ExcursionsAllies Ashore
Crystal partners with our allies ashore to make certain the Crystal Clean+ protocol protects you when you leave the ship to explore.
- COVID-19 vaccine is a requirement for travel with Crystal, guests will be permitted to explore independently ashore for the new Luxury Iceland Expedition voyages.
For Guests sailing on the October 25, 2021 cruise embarking in Miami, Florida: Unvaccinated guests may only go ashore in select ports and on specific organized tours for unvaccinated guests. Those who do not comply will not be permitted to re-board the ship. Please review specific protocols for unvaccinated guests here.
- Shuttles into town will be provided when in port for expedition voyages where available.
- Crystal guests will be expected to follow all of the destination’s local guidelines pertaining to masks, social distancing and other precautions including frequent handwashing. Crystal guests should visit destination websites for further details on their health and safety protocols.
- Guests will be provided individual Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) kits for use while on tour
- Tour coaches and tenders will be disinfected to meet Crystal Clean+ standards
- Excursion group sizes will be reduced to help allow for proper social distancing
- Crystal will partner with local destinations and tour operators to ensure our industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience
- Crystal will monitor port regulations and adjust requirements and schedules as needed to maintain guests' health and wellbeing
- Crystal will only visit safe, open ports of call; this may cause changes to the itinerary. Keeping our guests up-to-date with the latest confirmed changes impacting their itineraries is a top priority
- Additional health screenings many be required by local health officials before disembarkation in certain ports
Medical CenterCare Everywhere
Crystal Endeavor's state-of-the-art medical center has been further reinforced. A dedicated medical team is aboard and available 24/7. All Crystal guests and crew will receive a wearable device that allows rapid contact tracing. Crystal is exploring partnerships with local medical authorities in every port to ensure quality medical facilities (and critical local networks and relationships) will be in place for guests requiring medical attention ashore. Ventilators and new virus testing equipment are now standard.
- During embarkation all Crystal guests and crew will receive a wearable device to facilitate contact tracing, in the unlikely event of close contact to a laboratory confirmed or probable COVID-19 positive individual.
- The Center for Disease Control’s guidelines currently defines close contact as being within 6 feet of an infected individual for a total of 15 min or more over a 24-hour period.
- The medical team comprises a doctor and two nurses, available around the clock
- Crystal's Medical Centers are well equipped with ventilators, new virus-testing equipment, X-Ray machines, extensive first aid tools and common prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing
- Isolated wards are available in the Medical Centers
- Contaminated items and medical waste will be properly sealed and disposed of according to health and safety guidelines
- Medical equipment and waste bins cleaned, disinfected and washed with medical-grade disinfectant
Public Health OfficerVessel Sanitation-trained
A certified Public Health Officer oversees implementation of the stringent Crystal Clean+ outbreak prevention and mitigation protocol. Working in lock sync with relevant health authorities, Crystal Endeavor's PH Officer works to make sure daily cleanings are up to Crystal Clean+ standards and supports onboard medical teams.
- Trained in the CDC's and the other local health authority's Vessel Sanitation Programs
- Oversees outbreak mitigation and cleaning protocols
- Closely coordinates with medical teams
- Ensures that daily cleaning protocols are in accordance with CDC guidelines
Being worthy of your confidence is both our honor and our duty; we thank you for your highest compliment: your trust.
We cannot wait to sail forward together once more.
When you’re ready we’ll be here.