Crystal Clean+® 6.0
September 20, 2021
Updated measures introduced on Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Mozart & Crystal Ravel.
Crystal understands that relationships are built on trust. With your continued trust in mind, we have applied our exacting attention to detail across all of our new safety measures. So while our touch may remain (intentionally) unseen, we deliver nothing less than total transparency in all matters regarding your health and wellness.
With more than 30 years of cruising to the far reaches of the world, Crystal has a long tradition of implementing and maintaining exceptional standards for health and safety at sea. The Crystal Clean+ program evolves these standards to meet the unique challenges posed by Covid-19. We are tackling this with science and innovation and in accordance with the latest data and recommendations by health experts.
Return to Crystal 6.0
The protocols introduced here are the latest, updated measures in Crystal Clean+ – version 6.0. Every protocol will be continually evaluated and will be updated as new information becomes available. Crystal is committed to full compliance with all local and global applicable health authorities and, as such, will update Crystal Clean+ protocols as appropriate.
Already a booked guest? Your Vacation Guide Is Here
In addition to our Crystal Clean+ health and safety information page online, we have also developed a dedicated Vacation Guide on select itineraries where health and safety guidelines and protocols, on board or ashore, may be more enhanced and/or specific as required by the destination's local policies. Please click the button below for the Vacation Guide for your upcoming Crystal voyage.
Crystal River Cruises - Vacation Guide
Embarkation & DisembarkationVigilance Aboard & Ashore
Every single guest will have their temperature checked prior to boarding ship. We will disinfect all luggage offshore prior to boarding. Crystal always complies with all local health authority regulations for safe pre-boarding and disembarkation* screening.
- Guests will undergo a COVID-19 test at the Check-in Center and must test negative prior to boarding the ship. There is no cost for the embarkation test for guests. Guests testing positive will not be able to board the ship and will be responsible for applicable costs related to denial of boarding
- Visitors will not be allowed on board at any time during the voyage.
- Embarkation will only be permitted on Day 1 of the scheduled itinerary
- Embarkation will not begin until all guest suites and public areas have been disinfected
- All guests will undergo temperature checks in the hospitality lounge
- Luggage will be disinfected before it is brought aboard
- Guests will complete health questionnaire at the Check-in Center
- Guests who show signs of illness may be denied boarding
- *Disembarkation: For guests flying to or through the United States, all are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no earlier 3 days prior to their travel back to the U.S.A. As a service to our guests, a list of shoreside testing centers located in countries/ports included in our itineraries has been compiled for easy reference. Guests are strongly encourage to pre-reserve their testing appointments without delay as schedule fill up quickly. All testing and transportation costs to/from the testing sites are a the guests' own expense. For more information, please click here: Antigen Test Centers at Debark Ports
- Additional measures and precautions may be required depending on ports of embarkation/disembarkation
Capacity Control & Social DistancingIn Space We Trust
The Crystal Experience affords each guest an abundance of personal space that is unrivalled in cruising. But Crystal Clean+ goes even further by mandating even fewer guests per square foot.
- Lifeboat drill procedures will be changed to accommodate social distancing
- Social distancing outside of one’s own travel party may be required
Guest AccommodationsPurified To Perfection
Every suite including all bathrooms, closets, and cabinets undergoes frequent disinfection with products that are listed on the EPA List N and meet the criteria for use against COVID-19. These efforts are supplemented by electrostatic fogging with medical-grade disinfectants.
- Housekeeping staff will not disinfect (including fogging) or regularly clean guest accommodations while guests are present
- Decorative cushions and bed runners will be removed from all suites.
- Prior to guest arrival, suites will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with medical-grade disinfectants
- Products are included on the EPA List-N and approved for use against Covid-19, norovirus and other infectious diseases
- Frequent disinfection of all guest accommodations utilizing medical-grade disinfectants
- Electrostatic foggers will be used as an additional tool for disinfection on embarkation day
- Guest corridors will be disinfected regularly
- Timely removal of food items from suites to prevent spoilage and cultivation of microorganisms and bacteria
- Timely housekeeping turnover; bedsheets and linens professionally cleaned and disinfected at high temperatures
- Injection of diluted cleaning solution into drains to avoid clogged pipes and to prevent bacterial growth
- Reduction of paper products in suites
Fresh-Air Ventilation SystemsFresh-Air
Crystal ships are designed with a 100% fresh air supply to all suites and public spaces. There is no air recirculation built into the design.
- Crystal River ships will feature HEPA filters, allowing only fresh air to be circulated in guest suites
- All air filters and cooling coils are frequently checked and maintained to ensure the highest standard of air quality possible
Masks & Face CoveringsResponsive Mask Policy
Crystal's mask policy will remain nimble. We will constantly be reassessing mask policies in light of evolving best practices recommended by epidemiologists as well as compliance with the policies of local governments.
- Guests will be required to wear masks during Crystal’s organized airport and hotel transfers
- Crystal will comply with all local health authorities, which may require masks ashore
Crewmember Standards & PracticesRegular Health Monitoring
Under Crystal Clean+ our captains and crews are temperature-tested daily, tested for COVID-19 and monitored for even the most minor symptoms. Crystal Clean+ will ensure that our crew members remain healthy and at their best to deliver the very best experiences for our guests.
- All crew members will be required to be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine (both doses if recommended by manufacturer)
- All crew will be tested for COVID-19 prior to leaving their home location to join the ship and must receive a negative result; they also will take a COVID-19 test at embarkation, quarantine for three days upon arrival, and take a test at the end of that three-day period and receive a negative result, before beginning their duties.
- Crew will be tested periodically during their rotations
- Crew to undergo frequent temperature checks and regular health monitoring
- Crew to wear masks and other necessary PPE when interacting with guests.
- Crew are trained on health and safety preventive measures
- Designated crew may also wear protective garments and eye protection if required
- Crew will follow proper hand washing practices
- Crew are prohibited from personal contact with guests such as hand shaking, hugging or kissing
- Crew transfer between ships will be minimized
Food & BeverageContactless Dining
The Crystal dining experience will be carefully presented to eliminate person-to-person contact while maintaining the delicious and elegant experiences guests enjoy.
- Guests will undergo touchless temperature checks prior to entering highly frequented public areas such as restaurants and Palm Court
- Open seating will continue with social distancing considerations
- Guest seating will ensure ample spacing
- Contact-free dining service will be implemented in all onboard venues
- Self-service options will follow strict health protocols
- In-suite dining options will be available 24/7
- Increased hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations will be required
- All restaurants, bars and galleys will be disinfected with increased frequency
- Stringent procurement guidelines will be enforced
Shoreside Partners & ExcursionsAllies Ashore
Crystal partners with our allies ashore to make certain the Crystal Clean+ protocol protects you when you leave the ship to explore.
- As the COVID-19 vaccine is now a requirement for travel with Crystal, guests will be permitted to explore ashore independently
- Crystal guests will be expected to follow all of the destination’s local guidelines pertaining to masks, social distancing and other precautions including frequent handwashing. Crystal guests should visit destination websites for further details on their health and safety protocols.
- Guests will be provided hand sanitizers and masks for use while on tour
- Tour coaches will be disinfected to meet Crystal Clean+ standards
- Excursion group sizes will be reduced to help allow for proper social distancing
- Crystal will monitor port regulations and adjust requirements and schedules as needed to maintain guests' health and well-being
- Crystal will partner with local destinations and tour operators to ensure our industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience
- Crystal will only visit safe, open ports of call; this may cause changes to the itinerary
- Crystal will keep guests up to date with the latest confirmed itinerary changes
- Additional health screenings may be required by local health officials before disembarkation in certain ports
Shoreside Medical ResourcesCare Within Reach
River ships are always close to shore and therefore are treated like land-side hotels. Crystal will facilitate care for guests with local hospitals and doctors. Crystal will follow all local healthcare guidelines and practices.
Being worthy of your confidence is both our honor and our duty; we thank you for your highest compliment: your trust.
We cannot wait to sail forward together once more.
When you’re ready we’ll be here.