Crystal Clean+ Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests
Updated For All Guests Embarking From Miami, Florida Beginning August 25, 2021
Update Issued August 25, 2021
Effectively immediately and until further notice, Crystal will require that all guests who are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine are to be fully inoculated at least 14 days prior to boarding its ships (including those sailing out of Florida). This
update is in line with the company’s policy for other departure ports in the U.S. and around the world. Travelers unable to show proof of vaccination will be unable to sail.
Crystal is announcing this policy update as The Bahamas and other ports in the Caribbean are requiring all who are eligible for the vaccine to be fully vaccinated. The Bahamas announced last week that between September 3 and November 1, all passengers old enough to be vaccinated on a cruise ship must be vaccinated in order for a ship to visit any port in The Bahamas.
Crystal Serenity, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Endeavor are all scheduled to call in The Bahamas in 2021. Currently, The Bahamas requires that all guests submit a negative COVID-19 test five days prior to entering the
country as part of its Health Visa application process. Crystal continues to accept a limited number of children 11 and under on Crystal Serenity’s, Crystal Symphony’s and Crystal Endeavor’s sailings out of Miami as well as
Crystal Endeavor’s current voyages in Iceland and Europe. Unvaccinated children must show a negative COVID-19 test at boarding and will be subject to certain restrictions onboard and onshore as detailed in the sections below.
Crystal Symphony, which is currently sailing to Bermuda from Boston and then from New York in late September, requires 100 percent vaccinated guests no matter their age.
Crystal River Cruises, which launches on Sunday, August 29, also requires 100 percent vaccinated guests no matter their age.
All officers and crew across the fleet are fully vaccinated 14 days prior to service, which is a requirement of their employment. All crew will be tested for COVID-19 prior to leaving their home location to join the ship and must receive a negative result; they also will take a COVID-19 test at embarkation, quarantine for three days upon arrival, and take a test at the end of that three-day period and receive a negative result, before beginning their duties. They are also tested periodically during their rotations.
All guests 12 years or older are required to be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine (both doses if recommended by manufacturer) at least 14 days prior to boarding any Crystal ship.
However, Crystal will accommodate a limited number of unvaccinated children, 11 years and younger, who are ineligible for vaccines. All unvaccinated guests must be pre-approved after initial waitlist, subject to capacity control with proof of valid travel insurance.
PCR TESTING & THE EMBARKATION PROCESS
Unvaccinated guests are required to undergo a PCR test no earlier than three (3) days prior to embarkation. For Luxury Bahamas Escapes voyages, please note that as part of The Bahamas Travel Visa, unvaccinated travelers must complete a PCR test not older than 5 days prior to date of arrival in The Bahamas. In order to fulfill both Bahamas and Crystal PCR requirements, the PCR test must be done four (4) days prior to embarkation in Miami, Florida.
Proof of a negative result will be required at check-in. In addition, Crystal will conduct its own pre-boarding COVID-19 test on day of embarkation (at no cost to Guest). Those who test positive on either testing requirements noted above will not be able
to board the ship and will be responsible for applicable costs related to denial of boarding.
ON BOARD THE SHIP
PUBLIC ROOMS, PARTIES & DINING
- • Important: When accompanying unvaccinated children, who are 11 years and younger, from their staterooms/suites to explore other areas of the ship, all vaccinated guests (parent and/or legal guardian) will be required to adhere to Unvaccinated Guest protocols including but not limited to restricted access to select areas on board the ship, dining in a designated socially-distanced area and will not be able to disembark the ship in The Bahamas except when joining a Crystal-organized shore excursion in Nassau and/or Bimini. These and other Unvaccinated Guest protocols and/or restrictions will not apply when vaccinated guests are enjoying the ship’s onboard activities and/or shared public spaces on their own, without unvaccinated minors. Kindly note that Crystal’s Junior Activities programming (for minors/children who are 17 years and under) and in-suite babysitting services will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
- • Dancing and other close contact with guests outside one’s travel party is not allowed. Elevators may only be used with one’s travel party.
MASKS, IDENTIFICATION BRACELETS & SOCIAL DISTANCING
- • Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a mask in all public areas (indoor and outdoor) except when eating and/or drinking. Unvaccinated guests will also be required to wear a specific identification bracelet at all times outside of the guest’s stateroom.
- • Unvaccinated guests will be required to exercise 6 feet of social distancing from those outside their own travel group.
- • Unvaccinated guests may only go ashore in select ports and on specific organized tours for the unvaccinated; guests who do not comply will not be permitted to re-board the ship.
- • Additional protocols as communicated in travel documents may be required. Failure to comply with policies and protocols for unvaccinated guests may result in cancellation penalties, denied boarding, or mandatory disembarkation.
Crystal is committed to full compliance with all local and global applicable health authorities and, as such, will update Crystal Clean+ protocols as appropriate. Every protocol will be continually evaluated and updated as new information becomes available.
Unvaccinated Guests Protocols
Updated: August 25, 2021